What can you say to your friend or daughter who has just been dumped? Nobody wants to hear that the person that they have just spent time with is a total loser (even if they are). Below are a few kind, uplifting things you can say, as well as a few zingers in case you just can’t help yourself.
- One day someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else.
- Breakups aren’t always meant for make ups, sometimes they are meant for wakeups.
- Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can come together.
- No relationship is ever a waste of your time. If it didn’t bring you what you want it taught you what you don’t want.
- There’s a guy out there who’s going to be really happy that you didn’t get back together with your crappy ex-boyfriend.
- I’m sorry your relationship with the psycho that everyone warned you about didn’t work out.
- Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting them back together.
- Move on. It’s just a chapter in the past. But don’t close the book, just turn the page
- Someone, somewhere is looking for exactly what you have to offer.
- Sometimes you have to give up on people, not because you don’t care, because they don’t.
More comebacks you might like
- What to say to someone hooking up with an ex
- Why did you and your ex break up
- Kind words in difficult situations