Some people seem to think that they have been put on planet earth to give others unsolicited advice. They are unaware that unsolicited advice can come across arrogant and annoying. Here are a few snappy comebacks that will let the meddler know that you don’t want to hear their advice in the future.
What to say to Someone who Gives Unsolicited Advice
- Thank you kindly for the unsolicited advice. You obviously know so much more about my life that I do.
- Unsolicited advice is like somebody singing out of tune. Nobody wants to hear it.
- I don’t base my decisions on advice from people who don’t have to deal with the results.
- I didn’t realize you were an expert of my life and how I should live it! Continue well I take notes.
- Don’t judge a situation you’ve never been in.
- Thanks but I’m an expert in my life.
- Have more than you show and speak less than you know.
- Unsolicited advice is the junk mail of life.
- I’m sorry I offended you by ignoring the unsolicited advice that you shoved down my throat.
- I’m sorry, I didn’t order a glass of your opinion.
More comeback lists you might like
- Top ten comebacks for judgmental people
- Top ten comebacks for verbal bullies
- More comebacks to insults