Have you ever spent time with somebody who gets all wound up over the smallest things? Being around someone who is angry and overreacts can really suck the fun out of any situation, you find yourself thinking I didn’t sign up for this.
You expect people of a certain age to be in control of their emotions, and act appropriately instead of lashing out at others.
I know someone who sensitive to loud noises and he gets really angry when people drop things and are noisy. The people who spend with Darren think he is overreacting, but he thinks he is justified in telling people to be quiet. I think Darren should put in a pair of earplugs and stop expecting people to cater to his special needs.
Darren is self-employed and often works on his online business in coffee shops and in the workroom / quiet room at the library. Somebody working in the quiet room started typing very loudly and Darren kept turning around and giving them the evil eye and told the girl to be quiet. Really, Darren, get over yourself!
The comebacks below will let the offender know they need to get their act together and calm down.
What to say to someone who gets angry and overreacts
- Don’t get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it only makes you walk funny.
- Calm down. Take a deep breath and then hold it for about twenty minutes.
- You can’t control the things that happen to you, but you can control your reaction to them.
- When shit happens make fertilizer.
- Every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you’ll never get back.
- Control your emotion or it will control you.
- Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it..
- Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions.
- Chuck it in the f*ck it bucket and move on.
- Some people create their own storms and then get upset when it
Say it with a T-shirt
Do you need to send someone is your life a message? Send your message with a funny t-shirt.
More clever comebacks you might like
Got any comments, questions or tips for dealing with someone who gets angry and overreacts. Share them in the comments below.