Have you ever had a friend or a boyfriend keep bringing up your past or mistakes that you made years ago? You can’t help but wonder what is their motivation for continually mentioning the past? You also have to question if this is a relationship that you want to keep in your life.
Sometimes it’s best to ignore what someone said and other times people can be so continually disrespectful you have to call them out on what they said. Here are some things you can have ready, on the tip of your tongue, next time they bring it up critical or negative stories from long ago.
- I don’t look back; I’m not going that way.
- If you judge me by past don’t be surprised when you become part of it.
- You’re like a plunger, you keep bringing up old shit.
- You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep rereading the last one.
- The past is a place of reference, not a residence.
- I am not the same person I was a month ago, a day ago or a year ago. Life is always changing.
- I don’t regret my past, I just regret the time I wasted with the wrong people.
- Sometimes people with the worst pasts end up creating the best futures.
- It doesn’t matter who I used to be. All that matter is who I have become.
- When someone is trying to change their ways the worst thing you can do is keep bringing up their past.
Say it with a T-shirt
Do you need to send someone is your life a message? Send your message with a funny t-shirt.
More clever comebacks you might like