Supporting someone who struggles with anxiety or has an anxiety disorder can be challenging. You want to help them deal with their condition, but people with anxiety are hypersensitive, so you need to find the right words. Here are a few soothing things to say in the moment to help comfort them.
- Take life one panic attack at a time.
- You have the power to say this is not how I will end my story.
- Interrupt anxiety with gratitude
- Just do it… even if you suck at it at first.
- Sometimes it’s OK if the only thing you did today is breathe.
- It doesn’t matter what others are doing, what matters is what you are doing.
- You create your calm.
- You are confined by the walls you create yourself.
- Don’t stress, do your best, and forget the rest.
- You can do anything but not everything.
More top ten comeback lists you might like
- What to say to someone who feels overwhelmed
- What to say to someone who feels sad
- More comebacks you might like
Get snappy comebacks delivered to your inbox
Got any comments, questions or tips for dealing with someone who suffers from anxiety? Share them in the comments below.