At some point in your life you may need to move on from a friend for various reasons. If you go around badmouthing your old friend, you are the one who will look a jerk no matter what your friend did. Remember, the bad-mouther always looks like the bad guy. If you have mutual friends or acquaintances they will ask what happened and why aren’t you friends with so and so anymore. Here are a few good answers that let people know you have your reasons, but won’t give away too many details.
- Some people should come with warning labels.
- Life is too short for fake friends and crappy wine.
- Cutting people out of my life does not mean I hate them, it just means I respect me.
- I usually give someone more chances than they deserve but once I’m done I’m done.
- When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.
- Every time you subtract a negative from your life you make room for more positive.
- You never know the quality of someone’s personality until the road gets rocky.
- Sometimes when things aren’t adding up in your life you need to start subtracting.
- If I cut someone off its because they handed me the scissors
- You become like the five people you spend the most time with. I need to choose wisely.
More comebacks you might like
- What to say to a frenemy
- What to say to someone who makes negative comments
- To read more answers to rude comments click here.