Do you have a friend who gossips about you or other people? It can be beyond hurtful to find out that someone that you thought was a good friend is actually talking about behind your back. Be careful who you trust, if someone will discuss others with you, they will certainly discuss you with others.
We have all been taught we shouldn’t talk about people behind their backs, but some people can’t seem to help themselves and constantly talk negatively about others.
If you get tired of being contaminated by their poison and want the person to stop, here are a few things you can say to let the gossip know that you don’t want any part of it. If you have trouble remembering comebacks, our Top Ten Comebacks IOS App can help you out.
Top Ten Comebacks for a Gossip
- If you have a problem with me, tell me, not everyone else.
- It doesn’t bother me that you talk about me behind my back. What bothers me is you don’t get all your facts right.
- What’s that? You heard a bunch of shit about me from someone who hates me? That shit MUST be true!
- If it’s not your story to tell don’t tell it.
- I never judge someone by the opinion of another.
- If you didn’t hear it with your own ears, or see it with your own eyes. Don’t invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!
- Rumours, carried by haters, spread by fools and accepted by the ignorant.
- Those who gossip to you will gossip about you.
- Rumours, I found cut so much about myself didn’t’ even know
- If it doesn’t involve you it shouldn’t concern you.
Perez Hilton started his career being a gossip
Perez Hilton is a notorious gossip, he created the infamous Hollywood gossip blog PerezHilton.com He started blogging in 2005 and he is now reportedly worth be $30 million.
Perez is openly gay, on his blog he tries to out celebrities who are secretly gay. Hilton has been criticized for exposing things that people are not ready to share publicly. Perez responded to the criticism by saying to Access Hollywood.:
It upsets me that people think what I’m doing is a bad thing”, I don’t think it’s a bad thing. If you know something to be a fact, why not report it? Why is that still taboo?
I guess Perez has no trouble sleeping at night.
Via AZ Quotes
More comebacks you might like