If someone really likes you, turning them down is awkward and uncomfortable and usually it is better to be direct, and not lead anyone on. The first three turn downs on this list are few you.
When someone just doesn’t get the hint and keeps asking you out, try a few of the more direct comebacks below to get your point across. Hopefully, they will finally get the message and move on.
- Although it would be nice, not anytime soon
- I wish I could, but it’s just not going to work right now.
- I’m sorry, but I need to focus on myself right now.
- I never do X on days that end in “Y.”
- Sorry, I’m busy. I’m teaching my ferret to yodel.
- No thanks, my wife would kill me.
- I’m sure you’ll make some girl that isn’t me really, really happy some day.
- I’d probably be more into this if the pregnancy test I took this morning hadn’t been positive.
- If only I hadn’t just enrolled in a convent…
No, I’m staying home to work on my cottage cheese sculpture.
More top ten comeback lists you might like
- You’re still single, I guess you must be pretty picky?
- Top ten comebacks for people who bother you
- More comebacks you might like
Got any comments, questions or tips for dealing for dealing with turning someone down? Share them in the comments below.