Are you ever overwhelmed with the urge to tell someone to shut up? There are chatty people who engage in genuine conversations which is fine, but nonstop talkers who talk at you and is frustrating and exhausting.
Some people monopolize conversations, stopping anyone else from getting a word in. Often, the conversation hog doesn’t get to the point or goes off on tangents driving their listeners crazy. The funny thing is that they don’t even notice that they have lost their audience.
If you can’t take it anymore, here are a few things you can say to let the windbag know that you have had enough.
What to say to someone who won’t shut up
- Some people just lack the ability to realize that everyone in the room wants them to shut up.
- You sound so sexy, when you’re not talking.
- You would be much more likable if it wasn’t for that hole in your mouth that noise comes out of.
- You know what’s funny. Not you, so shut up.
- It’s never too late to shut up and mind your own business.
- I love the sound you make when you shut up.
- If I wanted to listen to an asshole I’d fart.
- It’s time to shut up. If I wanted your opinion all of the time I would have married you.
- In case you didn’t see the look I just gave you. Shut up!
- Remember that time you shut the f*uck up? Me neither
Say it with a T-shirt
More top ten comeback lists you might like
- Top ten comebacks for know it alls
- Top ten comebacks for mean girls
- More comebacks you might like
Get snappy comebacks delivered to your inbox* indicates required